Sunday, July 21, 2013

Late post: Life lessons from dusty journals.

Okay so first and foremost, I should preface this is an old post that I forgot to ever actually publish on here. (Whoops). I have a habit of starting to write and never publishing my thoughts. Maybe it's the perfectionist in me that has to proofread everything five times. Or, maybe it's the fast pace of life. Oh well, whatever.

Kenny and I are dedicating the next few weekends to labeling and filling boxes to the brim.
Transitioning from his "man cave" into our studio apartment. I can't believe we get married in just a few weeks!

Funny how transition is always slightly bittersweet. It's a tug-of-war between what will be missed and what there is to look forward to.


I pulled a bunch of random things from under my bed, including a few old journals (that look more like massive textbooks). Covered in dust, I flipped through the pages. I laughed at my perspective and concerns. I smiled as I read about my old roommates, and random memories and my college course woes. Vivid pictures of sitting in places by myself, finding out who I was, and how God sees me. Sorting through feeling alone, through my mom's battle with cancer, and through many job transitions and life changes. When I flipped to the last page of my previous journal, I read this: " may this journal remind you, Hannah Jayne, of the Lord's faithfulness to you. His love, and tender voice. His mercy and wisdom"... and tonight, it did just that. Thank you, Lord.

God has such a crafty way of reminding us of how far He's taken us. Tonight, I'm so grateful for that.

No comments: